There has never been a more exciting time to join The Bank of New York Mellon Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P). Passionate and high-potentials required to contribute to the successful execution of the banks technology strategy. Our infrastructure teams deliver a world class service to our clients, so if you are interested in learning the importance of creating high quality solutions that work across international boundaries, then this team with be for you!
Role : Graduate Infrastructure Engineer
Start Date : July 2021
Duration : 18 months
Location : Wroclaw, Poland
Candidates should be available to start the graduate program on August 2021.
- Assignments across various job functions within Technology* that combine learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
- Opportunity to work with industry specialists
- Working in a global team
- Extensive training curriculum
- Ongoing learning assignments to assist in developing technical, professional, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Business exposure
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including executive mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop technical skills/expertise, enhance leadership to build networks across the organization and accelerate their careers;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for S.E.T.U.P participants;
- Visibility and exposure to senior management in small cohorts and/or one-to-one meetings;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier technology talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Upon successful completion of the program and based on overall business need, S.E.T.U.P participants will be matched to a full-time role, taking into account factors such as business requirements, analyst preferences, and overall performance throughout the program.
- Participate in a team responsible for contributing to the technology infrastructure transformation of Critical Infrastructure and Platform Security, Automation and self-service solutioning of Application/Middleware, architecture of our internal cloud platform (App Engine), standardization of distributed Databases, Network/Voice Design and Configuration, strategic deployment of the End User Experience, Data Centre Hardware Operations and the foundational Mainframe Support for our core business systems.
- Engage with technology leaders, contribute to and coordinate efforts related to technology transformation projects
- Develop solutions to complex problems in one of the infrastructure service areas.
- Creative solutions through analysis of methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation of complex infrastructure problems.
- Contribute to automation solutions for existing infrastructures to help increase efficiency in operations.
- Identify infrastructure improvements during the development and testing processes.
- Prioritize and recommend continuous improvements for implementation.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in the organization as well as external customers.
- To be eligible, you will be required to be on course to achieving a Technology or related degree.
- This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other.
- Previous technology internship is a plus
- You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.