You’ll be based in Wroclaw and will be part of McKinsey Digital and our Client Capabilities Network. McKinsey Digital brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. Colleagues in our global Client Capabilities Network deliver distinctive client impact through assets and expertise and are driven by a culture of innovation.
You’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-tech topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on learning and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
In this role you will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you will assemble a fact base, counsel consultants and clients on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue, and provide insights and analysis for solving client problems at hand.
In parallel, you will support the global enterprise architecture practice leadership to build out the firm’s capabilities. This includes collecting, codifying and sharing knowledge on how companies should think about their continually evolving IT landscape and how to prepare their organizations for Digital transformation by making their enterprise IT architecture more resilient and agile. You will also help running global enterprise architecture survey and benchmarks as well as helping with people discussions. Through that activities you will learn how companies form different industries are leveraging IT, what type of problems they facing and how they can approach them.
Your day-to-day tasks may include identifying the key issues for the problem at hand and determining the most appropriate solution while effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You’ll likely perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections, opportunity scanning, etc., in order to add value to problem-solving discussions, and you’ll provide synthesis, insight and client implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and framework. In time, you will also participate in, and eventually lead, internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives and you’ll use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.
- Degree in Engineering, IT/Computer Science/Electronics or Communications is preferred
- Deep interest and passion for Digital/Technology topics
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferably in Digital/IT services would be helpful
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; good problem-solving capabilities.
- Good proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Proficiency in relevant analytics/statistical packages will be considered a plus
- Professional attitude, intellectual curiosity, good team player and customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Excellent English communication skills – both written and oral
- Department McKinsey Digital, Client Capability Network, Wroclaw
- Job level junior specialist
- Hourly dimension full time
- Salary not specified $ not-specified Month
- Discipline automation, electronics and electrical engineering, technical information and telecommunications, Informatics
- Faculty Faculty of Electronics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Technology and Computer Science, Faculty of Technology and Engineering
- Languages English
- Experience 1 year
- Required documents CV + application form