Graduate Program: Junior IT Engineer
Fuelled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Supports the day to day activities of the development and engineering team by coding, programming and capturing specifications for a defined project, using developing technical capabilities
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a relevant solution or infrastructure, ensuring compliance with the relevant standards
- Works with users to capture requirements and drafts design specifications.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyses user requirements and translates them into solution or infrastructure deliverables using developing coding and programming skills
- Perform parts of the coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the development process in projects with limited complexity under supervision
- Tests finished products for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary
- Collaborates with users to understand requirements and translates requirements into design specifications for the review of more senior members of the team
- Monitors emerging technologies and applies developing skills to solution / infrastructure deliverables
- Ensures all activities adhere to the relevant processes, procedures, standards and technical design.
Skills and attributes for success
- Developing technical competency in designing, developing, and debugging solutions
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 0-1 years applied experience
- Some relevant industry experience required, demonstrating working knowledge of relevant software infrastructure platforms (depending on specialism) and understanding of applicable standards
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Job level junior specialist
- Hourly dimension full time $ Month
- Languages English