Ready to build high-end open-source edge computing devices? Join Antmicro’s Hardware Design Team.
In our team we design electronic devices that incorporate the latest processing platforms. This involves a comprehensive electronics development starting from initial prototypes, up to production-ready units. We cover different application areas including industrial control, medical devices, and Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles (UAVs). We work intensively with image sensors and design compact-sized platforms optimized for machine vision with edge computing. Each of our hardware design projects is a challenge that requires good engineering practice, interdisciplinary knowledge and creativity, as well as the ability and willingness to work using open source tools.
As an intern you will actively contribute to R&D projects related to a wide variety of open hardware designs. You will have access to the latest processing platforms from NVIDIA, NXP, Qualcomm, Microchip and Xilinx. Your everyday work will involve Linux and other open source operating systems and platforms. You will be encouraged to work on smart and ambitious projects that will not just harness, but actively contribute to open standards and create scalable and reproducible solutions. You will be provided with all the necessary tools, from high-end gear and hardware to mentoring and team experience on every step of the way. Finally, your internship project will be prototyped and published as open hardware to make it available to the community.
- Full-time students in their final years of electronics, telecommunication, computer science or related fields
- Availability for an intensive, 2-month summer program (ca. 300 hours in total) or for a more flexible program throughout the academic year (min. 20 hours/week, ca. 200 hours in total)
- Understanding or willingness to learn about computer architecture
- Basic PCB designing skills in at least one of the popular CAD tools
- Basic knowledge of electronics (transistor logic, communication interfaces, power supply circuitries etc.)
- Passion for open source projects
- Readiness for everyday work in Linux
- Ability to quickly adopt new technologies
- Methodical and detail-oriented approach
- Teamwork and willingness to learn from others
- Good command of English
If you meet the listed criteria and want to join our team, hit the Apply button.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.
Please include the following in your CV:
“Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016, I hereby consent to the processing of personal data included in my job offer for the purpose of the present, and future, recruitment by Antmicro Ltd.”
Applicants have the right to withdraw their consent, demand the data controller (Antmicro Ltd, ul. Zwierzyniecka 3, 60-813 Poznań, Poland) to provide access, rectify, delete and limit processing of their personal data, as well as the right to object against the processing thereof and to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. It is mandatory to provide data in the scope defined by the provisions of the Polish Labour Code (Act of 26th June 1974), while the failure to do so will prevent the applicant from participating in the recruitment. Providing additional personal data is voluntary.
- Job level intern $ Month
- Discipline automation, electronics and electrical engineering, technical information and telecommunications, Informatics
- Faculty Faculty of Electronics, Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology
- Languages English
- Required documents CV