Explore the world of IMI – Digital Graduate Programme
Join a highly successful engineering and technology business. Develop the skills you need to become a future leader. Build a truly international career.
At IMI, we improve everyday life through new thinking and technology. From a valve that can hold the force of a jet engine to heating systems that allow remote troubleshooting via the internet. From state-of-the-art tooling for automotive manufacturers to the machine that makes your morning coffee.
Join us, on our digital graduate programme, and you’ll gain unique insight into our organisation, as you take on a series of challenging placements within one of our divisions.
Explore the digital world of IMI
Could you guide us through our ongoing digital transformation? You’ll get to work with all areas of the business, as well as customers and third parties, as you contribute to a variety of projects tailored to your strengths. You will assist with data acquisition, data processing and data storage to create information and analytics that provide valuable insights and warnings for both the organisation and for customers. Our huge engineering expertise is mechanical, and therefore we need the ability to mechanise the acquisition and analysis of this data. It’s a great opportunity to learn about our ecosystem while developing up-to-the minute digital solutions and skills.
- Apps –Work with third parties to support delivering apps for our customers to give them information and access to our world class engineering knowledge at their fingertips.
- Connected devices – Work on encryption and communication protocols, data lakes, coding algorithms, developing analytics and dashboards alongside an expert team of engineers looking to add sensors to installed valves/ positioners to get data that will enable remote monitoring and diagnosis of potential issues.
- Digital strategy – Use tools to analyse big data and support the data strategy for the division. Work with the business to understand requirements, identify necessary data and systems where the data is available, acquire the data and store it to make it available for the necessary analysis using SQL.
What you need
Our programmes are highly international in nature. So as well as having the right to work in the country you’re applying for and being fluent in the local language, it’s important that you are willing and able to relocate frequently, including to other countries. You must also have a bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, Business Intelligence or Artificial Intelligence.
Key qualities we’re looking for include:
- Fresh, innovative mindset
- Openness to new and varied experiences
- Ability to drive your development and take ownership of your career
- Excellent written and spoken English
What we offer
On top of a great rewards package and an opportunity to gain international exposure, you’ll get early responsibility, experience of different functions, coaching from a dedicated senior mentor, and the chance to develop a wide range of business skills – everything you need to get your career off to a flying start. The graduate development team will also be on hand to provide help and advice whenever you need it.
More about IMI
Employing around 11,000 people in over 50 countries around the world, we create solutions that control the precise movement of fluids in everything from oil rigs to medical instruments. Our products can be found in every corner of everyday life and we partner with customers in a wide range of industries including energy, transport and the life sciences.
- Department Technology
- Job level junior specialist $ Month
- Discipline Informatics
- Faculty Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Faculty of Technology and Computer Science, Faculty of Technology and Engineering
- Experience none