For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
The Senior Representative, Fund/Client Accounting is primarily responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of client net asset values (NAVs) in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures. Responsibility is also held for the delivery of ad hoc client service deliveries and assisting with the training/mentoring of Fund Accountants.
Provision of fund accounting/administration services:
• Sign-off on daily checklists for all net asset values prepared by you.
• Ensure the NAVs are accurately prepared for Supervisor review and reported within deadlines.
• Preparation and calculation of accurate NAVs across all funds.
• Adhere to The Bank of New York Mellon standard procedures and controls.
• Prepare cash and asset reconciliations for review and sign off by Supervisor.
• Perform price tolerance checks.
• Reconciliations to Phoenix records.
• Communicate any operational issues that arise to Supervisor.
• Maintain daily/monthly files as selected by fund Supervisor in a manner suitable for future review by Supervisor and internal auditors.
• Provide non-daily services to all clients as directed by Supervisor.
• Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
• Keep Supervisor informed of any issues and their progress and highlighting any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency.
• Ensure client specific monthly checklists as allocated by Supervisor are completed according to the agreed timetable for review by Supervisor.
• Maintain a friendly but professional relationship for all dealings with clients.
• Be proactive in identifying potential client issues.
Risk Competence & Knowledge: Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and follow all Business Unit operational procedures and other directive controls (eg. checklists) as designed. Any identified issues or changes should be escalated to Managers.
Accountability: Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
• Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
• Errors or potential errors/near-misses;
• Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention)
• Fluency in English is essential.
• 2 years work experience in the funds or similar industry.
• Educated to Masters or degree level in Finance or similar, professional field.
• High level of accuracy and professionalism.
• Strong communication skills.
• PC literacy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Fluency in Polish is preferable.
• Ideally you will be able to assist in, and implement, the planning of work.
Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Reference number 2114747
- Job level junior specialist
- Hourly dimension full time $ Month
- Languages English