AAM is a world leader in the design, engineering, testing, validation and manufacturing of driveline, drivetrain and chassis systems, related components, and metal formed products for light trucks and buses, sport utility vehicles, crossover vehicles, and passenger cars. Our plants and offices are located in: United States of America, Brazil, China, UK, Scotland, India, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Korea.
Prototype Planner will manage all materials in / out of Inventory in a prototype manufacturing environment.
Materials Planner may be responsible to ensure that the on-going projects do not run out of the materials needed to manufacture required prototypes. He/She will also manage the flow of inventory and make sure materials/products are properly shipped to customers (internal/external).
• Receive all material and confirm SP-11 requirements have been met (work with Quality/Engineering)
• Receipt all material into Oracle and Plex
• Put all material into inventory (storage)
• Ship components per internal request
• Ship parts (Oracle shipper and shipping labels)
• Transact all material used out of Oracle and inactivate PLEX material
• Schedule trucks as required
• Work with Prototype Coordinator to schedule all builds based on the open order report
• Work with Prototype Coordinator to confirm all material is available to create a job
• Work with Prototype Coordinator to create jobs for all prototype manufacturing activities
• Work with Prototype Coordinator to schedule and facilitate all outside processing
• Any graduate (BA or higher in technical studies, preferable production engineering)
• Welcome experience in material planning (purchasing) in manufacturing environment
• Analytical and detail oriented
• MRP/Material Planning/Replenishment knowledge required (preferred)
• Confident, reliable and friendly representation on all levels
• Good organizational skills
• Good negotiation skills both internally and with customers
• Self starter with strong written and oral communication skills
• Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Project, Outlook etc.)
We offer a contract of employment, attractive salary and non-wage benefits