Gibbs Hybrid is an international single-source integrated provider of Talent Management Services, Programme Consultancy and Outsourcing solutions to mid-market and FORTUNE 500 companies.
Gibbs Hybrid offers a single source integrated solution with programme consultancy, talent, technology and outsourcing initiatives that drive customer success.
Our three lines of business – talent management, programme technology solutions and outsourcing can integrate with each other, creating hybrid capabilities, or stand alone as best-of-breed solutions. Offering this flexibility allows clients to engage with a single preferred partner for multiple services, thus addressing challenges of supplier rationalisation or vendor consolidation. Our service management approach helps to ensure that our quality remains high without compromising speed to market.
To every engagement, we bring a set of goals and a core philosophy. We aim to be our clients’ most respected and trusted partner and our philosophy is always to champion Innovation, Customer Centricity and Expert Execution.
We serve mid-market and Fortune 500 companies globally. Since its establishment in 2005, Gibbs Hybrid has grown to over $100 million in annual revenue with more than 700 employees, associates and consultants. We are headquartered in the UK with offices in Ireland, Poland, Luxembourg, US and Canada.
Your primary responsibilities include involvement with the financial statements’ preparation and tax calculation, liaison with both internal and external auditors, centralization of the selected local legal entities and fulfillment of other tasks that ascertain a proper close of the accounting books.
You will ensure the overall accounting compliance with the generally accepted by accounting principles (U.S. GAAP) and the HP internal Accounting and Finance Manual (AFM). You will ascertain alignment of the financial results with the local (country or region) regulatory requirements.
You will support the overall Finance organization as well as individual business units by providing expert advice regarding complex systems and processes.
About the company
You will be working as a consultant on the client site who is an American multinational company specializing in business IT. The brand is well-established on the international market and offers a great start or development of your career path, and a valuable experience to gain in a financial sector.
Typical support and tasks assigned to Statutory Accountant within Statutory Team:
You will apply the advanced knowledge of the processes, systems and tools to effectively and efficiently execute assigned tasks that assist with the smooth and error-free closing of the books during month-end close (MEC), quarter-end close (QEC), and most importantly year-end close (YEC). You will execute assigned tasks within specific areas delegated by manager, such as:
• Preparation of Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss accounts in accordance with the local accounting principles;
• Reconciling the local accounts with the U.S. GAAP accounts (identify variances and the proposed true up / down adjustments);
• Monitoring balances and maintain the local entities’ books in the area of pension accounting, warranty services, goodwill, etc.;
• Actively engaging in preparation and recording events / business transactions in the local and U.S. GAAP books (for example: accounting reserves, accounting adjustments);
• Analyzing the Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss statement, and Cash Flow statement;
• Coordinating and participating in the analysis of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss statement, and Cash Flow statement;
• Monitoring the correct cost allocation and proactively solving issues related to accounting for transactions;
• Liaising with the external and internal auditor to ensure that the local and U.S. GAAP statutory requirements are met;
• Coordinating the work with external auditor and various internal HPE finance teams;
• Conducting the required analysis for internal and external audit purposes;
• Archiving documents and coordinating recordkeeping for audit purposes;
• Proactively addressing accounting and tax queries as they arise;
• Actively engaging with various financial institutions to solve problems.
You will perform tasks in accordance with the position’s requirements, the internal HPE accounting policies (AFM) and the local regulations, and:
• Perform tasks efficiently and on time;
• Ascertain the proper use of accounting standards and regulations;
• Convey to a superior and managers the relevant financial information as well as feedback regarding processes, programs and projects;
• Perform the necessary accounting entries accurately and on time;
• Apply the appropriate tools to reconcile accounts correctly and on time;
• Monitor accuracy of and analyze the general ledger account balances and ledgers.
Your profile and skills
• Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues.
• Working on problems/projects of moderately complex scope.
• Exercising independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
• Acting as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Ability to follow established guidelines and interpreting policies.
• Time and workplace management skills, ability to work independently
• Interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and ability to work within stringent time constraints
• Evaluating unique circumstances and making recommendations.
• Desire for further improvement and development
• First level university degree with a focus in business or economics, finance or management, or equivalent experience;
• 2+ years of experience as a financial analyst or in accounting, finance, controlling, in independent accounting or auditing roles
• Intermediate level of knowledge of tactical Accounting/financial analysis;
• Advanced finance degree or accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, chartered accountant)
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles such as US GAAP or IAS strongly preferred
• Analytical skills
English: very good communication and writing skills; professional / business English (C1/C2 level)
Other language: not requested
If you are interested, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please if u are submitting the C.V. towards us, give us Gibbs explicit permission to use your C.V. for the use of the recruitment process. (And storing your files in our database.)
For example: I hereby give my consent to the processing of my personal data included in my job application by Gibbs Hybrid (Poland) Sp. z o.o. for the purpose of the recruitment process and after its completion for the purpose of future recruitments (pursuant to the General Data Protection Act from 25th May 2018.