Engineering Design Center (EDC) is an engineering alliance between General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o. and Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation. More information: www.edc.pl
EDC was created in the year 2000 under an agreement between General Electric and the Institute of Aviation and gathering passionate people in different areas of expertise like engineering, software and analytics. With dynamic organization growth we are looking for candidates for position below.
What are your team key projects?
You will be leading operational research projects for large digital industrial company within GE Aviation Operating System that is focused on improving end to end business processes across corporate verticals.
Depending on the level of expertise we may consider candidates for Senior or Staff Operational Research Scientist roles.
You will work on
• Collaborate within strong team of Operational Researchers, Data Scientist and Data Engineers
• Improvement of On Time Delivery in complex multibillion-dollar Supply Chain environment with Operational Research and Machine Learning methods
• Creating and evaluating current and proposed processes with complex simulations and optimization models
• Interface with functional teams
• Evaluating current solutions, comparing with alternatives, composing appropriate metrics
• Preparing rapid prototypes to prove new concepts
• Advising which problems to focus on, based on estimated benefits /added customer value
• Continuously learning about the science of Supply Chain optimization and practical challenges of Supply Chain management
• Spreading knowledge and understanding of new solutions within the team and communicating externally through global organization
What we expect from you?
• Relevant university degree (minimum Master of Science degree in an Operational Research related discipline, PhD is preferred)
• Significant experience in working as an Operational Researcher or Supply Chain analyst
• Strong Quantitative skills (understanding of modeling, statistics, optimization techniques)
• Familiarity in dealing with large time series data sets (Big Data)
• Fundamental knowledge on statistical and analytical design and technologies especially SQL, Python or R (optionally)
• Fluent English skills both verbal and written
• Good communication skills
• Experience with Supply Chain or Service Optimization modeling will be a plus
• Awareness and experience with collaboration tools such as: Git/GitHub, Jira or Rally, Confluence
• A business acumen and willingness to explore the wide context of each task
• Experience working in a cross-functional and multinational global team
• Awareness of Agile project management practices
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time
What extra you can get?
• Position in international environment with the possibility of professional skills development
• Interesting and challenging projects
• Access to modern technologies
• Wide scope of extra benefits for employees and their families, including private healthcare and extra life insurance
• Friendly atmosphere
• Flexible work time