BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
AIS Operations is made up of a number of hedge fund and private equity servicing functional areas such as Trade Execution, Trade Capture, Custody, Middle Office, Reconciliation, Billing, etc. AIS Operations assists the research and resolution of general and basic operational issues regarding fund administration. Follows existing documentation, process flows and standard operating procedures to complete routine day-to-day tasks.
By applying for this role, you will be included in the recruitment process for all below teams within Middle Office. Therefore, upon employment your duties may be as follows:
Reconciliation Team is a centralized group responsible for cash balance and holdings reconciliations ensuring positions are in-line on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis, preparation of extensive reconciliations to custodian banks and accounting agents supporting the NAV/Performance team, researching and resolving any differences in a timely manner and recommending process improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes:
• Ensure that all trades executed by clients were captured in accounting system (activity reconciliations)
• Process trade amendments (where appropriate)
• Position reconciliation against prime broker/custodian statements
• Cash reconciliation against prime broker/custodian statements
• Investigation of breaks/fails
• Cash events processing
• Dividend processing and verification (where appropriate)
• Working closely with other team members to ensure day-to-day tasks associated with customer deliverables are performed in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure compliance with all internal policies, department guidelines, and external regulation
We strongly cooperate with other locations- Dublin, Chennai, US. On a daily basis we work using Geneva Advent and Inform. Also we access all PBs’ reporting portals that provide services to our clients.
BOLT Team – Exchange Traded Cash Conformation & Settlements:
• Matching of trades booked by client against executing brokers trade blotter/ticket
• Management of trade exception failures
• Process trade amendments
• Maintenance of portfolio and Standard Settlement Instructions data
• Agreeing settlement details with counterparts
• Handling settlement discrepancies through to correction and completion
• Processing Cash Reconciliation on a daily basis
• Reading and understanding Swift fields
• Processing stock/cash manual instruction to the market
Cash Processing / Fund Transfer Team:
• Payment processing of all AIS activity e.g. subscriptions, redemptions, dividends, fees etc, via the BNYM Payment workstation and Primebrokers systems. This involves the following;
• Have a good knowledge of swift
• Ensure all fx’s are complete in accordance with the cut off times and SLA agreements
• Ensuring payments to/from the Funds and payments to shareholders who have redeemed are paid /received within the agreed time frames (i.e. good value). Ensure all documentation is in place to allow payment to be made.
• Establish where payments in need to be positioned (i.e. for BNYM Brussels) and arrange for this to occur via Treasury Edge/Pb system or by fax
• Arrange for payments to be input and passed to Supervisor or Assistant Manager for authorisation.
• Check signature of payments against authorised signature lists to make sure they are valid.
• Complete OFAC checks on all third party systems
• Performing call-backs with Fund Accounting Teams
• Proactive follow-up and investigation of open cash items.
• Ensuring that outstanding items are responded to within twenty-four hours and that clearance dates are monitored.
• BA or MA degree
• Fluent in English (speaking & writing)
• Some knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office). Knowledge of VBA would be a significant advantage.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Analytical and numeracy skills
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Good problem solving and decision making
• Flexible with regards to working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary.
• Communication skills.
• Organisational and planning skills.
• Full time contract of employment
• Working Hours : Monday-Friday on Shifts: 8:00 – 10:45 till 19:00
• Location : Aquarius Building ul.Swobodna 3, Wrocław, Poland
• Competitive salary
• Health & Life Insurance
• Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
• Pension scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
• Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
• A collaborative culture and great teams