BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Treasury Operations team in Hedge Fund Accounting department is responsible for performing a variety of complex administrative tasks related to the activities of: Accounts Payable; Bank Reconciliation; 1099 Tax Reporting; Bank Accounts Opening/Closing, Cash Reconciliation, Checks processing, admin tasks and various adhoc projects.
• Ensure all invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
• Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Ensure A/P journal entries are prepared.
• Processing checks requests.
• Check disbursement requests and expense reimbursements.
• Maintaining internal logs for tracking vendor outstanding invoices.
• Ensure monthly cash reconciliation is maintained.
• Ensure ‘previous day’ banking reports daily from various bank websites are run for use in recording payments as well as clearing accounts payable checks and wires.
• Daily review of check exceptions, void and stop pay vendor checks when necessary.
• Check (IRS W-9) 1099 cumulative data.
• Providing day to day support to existing US project team.
• Ensure procedures and workflow documentation is updated as needed.
• BA or MA degree
• Fluent in English (speaking & writing)
• Some knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office). Knowledge of VBA would be a significant advantage.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Analytical and numeracy skills
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Good problem solving and decision making
• Flexible with regards to working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary.
• Communication skills.
• Organisational and planning skills.
• Full time contract of employment
• Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 – 17:15
• Location: Aquarius Building ul.Swobodna 3, Wrocław, Poland
• Competitive salary
• A clear career path within Graduate Accelerator Programme GAP as well as potential promotion to Senior Representative role after 18th months of employment
• Health & Life Insurance
• Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
• Pension scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
• Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
• A collaborative culture and great teams