For more than 50 years, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be experienced in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Dolby Applications Engineers are key experts in Dolby’s licensed audio and video technologies. They provide technical guidance to licensees during the planning, designing, manufacture, testing, and deployment of products integrating our technologies. Applications Engineers ensure that the performance of Dolby audio and video technologies in partner products satisfies Dolby’s requirements.
This role is located at Dolby’s Wroclaw, Poland office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide integration and testing support to Dolby licensees and OEM partners in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Produce complete and accurate evaluation reports to verify the performance of professional products. Review test results from customers, interact with Evaluation Technicians, and ensure testing of licensee products conforms to established procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain our certified-product databases and related support resources.
- Become a technical expert in specific areas related to Dolby technologies, address in-depth technical issues and help provide training to others.
- Manage customer feedback to help define and improve Dolby deliverables.
- Work with Dolby internal teams to resolve licensee issues and improve tools and deliverables.
- Provide technical support for sales, marketing, and tradeshow operations, as needed.
- Increase your knowledge of Dolby technologies and of theoretical and practical fields related to the job.
- Learn tools related to job functions.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events.
- BSEE or similar and experience in professional video and audio or related fields.
- The ability to learn a variety of technical topics quickly and thoroughly.
- Experience in technical customer support with exposure to DSP and one of the following: broadcast technologies, software development, technology licensing, digital circuitry, or testing professional electronic products.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Occasional travel within the US and to Europe.
- Experience coding in C and/or C++.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (PERL, Python, BASH, etc.).
- Knowledge of video and audio technologies, broadcast standards, OTT streaming technologies and their applications in content distribution infrastructures.
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, broadcast engineering film, audio or acoustics.
- Poziom stanowiska specjalista $ Miesiąc