Lucent Renewables (LR) is an international team of renewable energy developers. The team has worked together for more than 10 years and has a track record of delivering over 1 GW of large-scale solar projects globally. The team is young, international, dynamic and results orientated. Currently, LR is in the process of building a development team for our ongoing renewable energy development portfolio in Poland and globally.
The role is part of LR’s expanding operations in Poland and offers the opportunity to be part of new team in the globally expanding renewables market. LR has a target to develop 600 MW of solar PV in Poland, and the candidate’s focus will be on supporting this portfolio.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As a graduate position LR expect that the candidate is interested in the renewables sector and here to learn. LR is a small business so any candidate can expect to have a lot of contact with senior management and build relationships that will help accelerate their career in renewables. The business is a flat management structure, so all contributions are heard.
The renewable development process is complex and time restrictive, it requires the management of many separate tasks. Any candidate must be well rounded, personable, and determined. The business involves interacting with a range of backgrounds and disciplines, from farmers to bankers, any candidate that finds personal interactions difficult should consider before applying. Naturally LR will lead all these relationships but expects candidates to be willing to learn from attending meetings with the range of stakeholders there are in each renewable energy development.
This is a graduate position so someone who has recently graduated or will graduate in the next 6 months may apply. Education minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject. Strong preference will be placed on anyone with an Engineering degree. Having some experience in renewables or a strong interest and knowledge of the Polish energy market is beneficial but not essential. LR is open to providing support for any professional development goals where requested (including engineering accreditation, or design courses, etc.)
The task below will be managed and executed by LR’s management. The candidate will be expected to support where instructed. You can expect to learn and support LR with the following:
- Technical: assisting in design and layouts of large-scale PV. Communicating with local grid networks, searching for available grid capacity, support connection line design and basic technical assessments.
- Research: market and technical research on the electricity market, grid network and competition renewable developments.
- Administrative: support with all permissions and authorisations for solar park to become operational, including power tenders.
- Land issues: assisting in analysis and securing the land, follow up land assessment (environmental impact assessment among other things). Interacting with landowner to keep them informed of the development process.
- Construction: basic project management and contract support management.
The position will require potentially some traveling within Poland. Frequency of travel may depend on the stage of a project development and is at the discretion of LR. All travel will be covered by LR. The ideal candidate has some of the following attributes:
- Native Polish speaker and fluent in English.
- Ability to work with a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project, basic level AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Earth, ARCGIS.
- Some prior experience (either as an internship or work placement) in the following: renewable energy development, Polish utility, energy production, electrical design, power sector and energy consultancy.
- Organized and structured way of working, plan the meetings in advance, keep proper track of meetings and produce frequent reports to the team. Quick follow-up on the tasks and self-disciplined.
- Ability to prioritize and highly professional. Flexible & “can do” attitude.
- Travel maybe required (with a driving licence is a plus).
Structure can be B2B or direct employment [either are negotiable].