Lucent Renewables is an international team of renewable energy developers. The team has worked together for more than 10 years and has a track record of delivering over 1 GW of large-scale solar projects globally. The team is young, international, dynamic and results orientated. Currently, LR is in the process of building a development team for our ongoing renewable energy development portfolio in Poland and globally.
The role is part of LR’s expanding operations in Poland and offers the opportunity to be part of new team in the globally expanding renewables market. LR has a target to develop 600 MW of solar PV in Poland, and the candidate’s focus will be on supporting this portfolio.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As an internship role LR understands that any candidates will be learning and developing their skills whilst working within the team. As LR is a small team, the intern will be working directly with senior management and the owners of the business. The aim of the internship is that the intern will get to see all areas of the renewable development cycle. With more responsibility being given to the candidate as they progress in the role. This is an opportunity for the candidate to learn about renewable energy development, and not sit in an office photocopying to fill up their CV. Finally, as has been the case with our other interns, if the candidate progresses well then there is an opportunity to become a full-time employee at the end of their studies.
The development process is complex and time restrictive, it requires the management of many separate tasks. Any candidate must be well rounded, personable, and determined. The business involves interacting with a range of backgrounds and disciplines, from farmers and engineers to bankers. With the lead of a LR manager the candidate will have the opportunity to meet and interact with high level professionals.
This is an internship positions so someone who is studying currently may apply. The position is part time for 1-3 days of work a week maximum. The internship will be flexible to work around the candidate’s university schedule. Education preference is for a student studying a STEM subject. Strong preference will be placed on anyone with an Engineering degree. LR is open to providing support for further career or university development goals where requested.
The task below will be managed and executed by LR’s management. The candidate will be expected to support where instructed. You can expect to learn and support LR with the following:
- Technical: assisting in design and layouts of large-scale PV. Searching for available grid capacity, support connection line design and basic technical assessments.
- Research: market and technical research on the electricity market, grid network and competition renewable developments.
- Administrative: support with all permissions and authorisations for solar park to become operational, including power tenders.
- Land issues: assisting in analysis and securing the land, follow up land assessment (environmental impact assessment among other things).
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Native Polish speaker and fluent in English.
- Ability to work with a variety of software packages (or willing to learn), including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project, basic AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Earth.
Structure can be B2B or direct employment [either are negotiable].