On behalf of Credit Suisse Careers, we would like to invite students with a mathematical and IT profile to the inaugural lecture of the QUANT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – OCTOBER 21, 2020
Where? The ZOOM platform. Link to the meeting will be available on the day of the event.
At 1 p.m.
Join the event: https://business.facebook.com/events/674541863442611/
Link to enrolment for the preliminary exam to the project: https://biurokarier.pwr.edu.pl/pl/eforms/quant-scholarship-program-application-form/14/
Fruitful collaboration between Wroclaw University of Science and Technology and Credit Suisse Poland in the area of mathematics and computer science resulted in the third edition of the Quant Scholarship Program.
The Program is targeting technical students from the field of mathematics, computer science, physics and engineering, interested in applying of their unique technical skillset at Quant Group within Credit Suisse
The main goal of the Program is to demonstrate how advanced mathematics and modern technologies are shaping the financial world, and how academic knowledge gained at WUST can be applied within the financial industry to solve real life problems.
What does Quant Scholarship Program offer:
• 10 Completion Awards (5000pln) for students who qualify and comply with requirements
• 9 open lectures on functional programming and derivative products modelling
Supervised meetings with experienced Quants from CS Wroclaw
• Presentation of quant career path and employment opportunities for participants.
1. Preferred field of studies: mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering
2. Ideal candidate (preferred but not strictly required):
– Understanding of more advanced mathematical problems: statistics, probability, differential equations, stochastics
Ability to write code (functional programming considered advantageous)
3. Preferred academic experience in the following order: • PhD students, MSc students, senior Bachelor students (2nd-3rd year)
Submission by October 31, 2020 of the application form and CV with the GPA (required)
Recommendation from Professors (optional)
Please provide confirmation of the GPA from the previous academic year
Entry level test and interview
Tests or homework project
Expectation on selected candidate to continue the status of the Scholar:
Participation in at least 80% of lectures (initial schedule below)
Solving homework/projects and presenting them to the supervisors
Active participation in lectures and getting familiar with the suggested literature
Initial Quant Scholarship Program schedule
Inaugural lecture October 21, 2020
3 lectures on F# (November, December 2020 and January 2021)
3 lecture on mathematical modelling (February, March, April 2021)
1 lectur on final project (May 2021)
Program Summary (June 2021)